December 15, 2020
Sign up for this spring’s Kids’ Art Club!
Kids from 1st to 8th grade are welcome!
One Sunday a month, Kunsthall Stavanger facilitates a meaningful interaction with contemporary art. Here, the children explore Norwegian and international art, and produce their own works in collaboration with professional artists in four different workshops. At the end of the semester we make an exhibition, which will be open to family and friends.
The theme of this semester's Kids’ Art Club is humor: How is humor used in contemporary art today? What can we create with humor? What is the function and role of humor in art? And can jokes be art?
We will collaborate with artists Anette Gellein, Helle Navratil, David Lamignan Larsen og Hans Christian van Nijkerk.
DATES FOR THE ART CLUB
January 31 (Cancelled due to the government’s preventive measures)
June 6: Summer Exhibition
We will follow the guidelines for infection prevention, and we aim for the Kids’ Art Club to be carried out as usual.
Marie Skretting will lead The Kids’ Art Club as a substitute for educator Hege Hervik. If you have any questions regarding The Kids’ Art Club, please contact Marie on the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE KIDS’ ART CLUB IS HELD AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES
The kids will be divided into two groups, according to age:
Group 1, 1st-4th grade: 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm
Group 2, 4th-8th grade: 4.15 pm - 6.30 pm
There is a maximum of 20 participants per group.
Older kids (9th-10th grade) can also attend. However, it is also possible to apply for the youth project Mobilizing Citizenship (12-16 years). In this project young people work for four weekends during the semester together with artists from around the world. Please contact email@example.com for more information about Mobilizing Citizenship.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD
- Fill in the registration form here.
- Click on this link to pay for a family membership. Follow the instructions after signing up to pay for the tuition.
- Kunsthall Stavanger will confirm your registration after receiving the payment. Your new membership card will be sent to your email provided.
Please note that it is mandatory to have a family membership to take part in the Kids’ Art Club. We would like the parents and guardians of the children in the Kids’ Art Club to be engaged in the kunsthall as well. A family membership is NOK 500 – please see member benefits below. There will also be an additional fee of NOK 400 per child. The payment works as a final confirmation of the registration and the place is reserved when the payment is received. A confirmation email will be sent out.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Free admission to all exhibitions, and most events organized by Kunsthall Stavanger
- Invitations to all exhibitions and events
- Exclusive members events
- Free admission or discounts to events at Kunsthall Stavanger
- Free admission to all Family Days
- Free Amanda Ross-Ho pin
- 25% discount on books published by Kunsthall Stavanger
- 15% discount on coffee at Hverdagsgodt
- 10% discount in our store
- 10% discount on framing at Kunstgalleriet
If parents and guardians do not have the opportunity to cover the cost of their child’s participation, there are some free spaces available. To request a free space, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are confidential.